Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Magnificent (?) Rhinoceros

   My dad went through this phase (pretty recently) where he was obsessed with one particular encyclopedia he found at a thrift store. It portrayed many animals in ridiculous fashions, such as in the portrait below.

The mighty rhinoceros chases away its competitors!
   And so, he decided to have me write a poem about the mighty rhinoceros, so that it could accompany this beautiful picture on HIS blog. Though I wrote this tribute in a sleep-deprived state, I am still somewhat pleased with how it turned out. Keep in mind as you read that I'm just now going into high school.

I enjoyed this quite a bit.

   Finally, to keep the image of an intimidating and ferocious beast burned into your retinas, here is a little present.

Aaaaw!


3 comments:

  1. I think the second illustration is definitely the scarier one! Loved your poemish thing - keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this 'pome' even better the second time around. p.s. I found a copy of this book and am dressing it up as a "returned missing book" for the actor who played our Headmaster last summer. Pics & Story will be posted eventually. (Have to figure out a way to sneak it into his house first!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete